Re: [gedit-list] Autocomplete Plugin
- From: Paolo Borelli <pborelli katamail com>
- To: Selairi <selairi bluebottle com>
- Cc: gedit-list lists sourceforge net
- Subject: Re: [gedit-list] Autocomplete Plugin
- Date: Sun Sep 12 09:39:02 2004
On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 17:41 +0200, Selairi wrote:
> You can find my Autocomplete Plugin in:
> It's very useful. It works like OpenOffice Autocomplete.
> It's been tested in gedit-2.4 only. I think it works in other gedit versions.
> You can send me your questions.
I gave it a really quick try, but it seems to work nicely!
(this is with the soon to be released gedit 2.8).
I would like to hear the opinion of Paolo Maggi, but I think it would be
a nice addition to gedit. Maybe you should open a bug in bugzilla and
attach your work there.
It looks like you haven't implemented yet a menu item for it, as
suggestion I'd say it should go in the "tools" menu.
I didn't have the time to read the code yet, but at a quick glance I
noticed a couple of things
- you forgot to add your name to the copyright line ;-)
- I see a fixed buffer in the struct... it may well be that it is ok
since I have not read the code, but fixed length arrays always scare me
- some bits of the coding style need cleaning (spaces around operators,
put the return type of funcs on a different line, do not use // comments
- maybe add some comments explaining what the more important functions
It would also be nice if you could use the autotools instead of an
handcrafted Makefile... I know everybody hates them, but copying from
another plugin should be easy enough. For example I had to change the
makefile manually to install in a different prefix.
keep up the good work!
] [Thread Prev