Re: [gedit-list] Autocomplete Plugin

Hi,

> Finally I have found bug and Autocomplete Plugin seems finished.
>
> You can find in:
> http://usuarios.lycos.es/acisif/gedit/autocomplete/autocomplete.html
>
> Plugin is very usefull programming and writing text with long words.
>
> Thanks to Pilar, Paolo and Ludootje for their help. :-)

I'm the gedit maintainer and, if you agree, I'd really like to include
your plugin in the main package for the upcoming gedit 2.10 release.

I will review the code ASAP and I will report you my comments.

I'd like to see it supporting per MIME-type autocompletion lists, i.d.
if the user open a .c file, the autocompletion plugin will pre-fill the
list with the C keywords and some frequently used functions (like
printf, strlen, etc.).
It'd be cool also if it could support the gedit metadata mechanism to
remember if the autocompletion plugin was activated the last time the
file was edited.
We will also have to write a simple Makefile.am file (but this is not a
big deal) and to port it to gedit CVS HEAD (there has been some changes
in the GeditDocument class).

Thanks again for this great work.

Ciao,