Re: [gedit-list] Future of gedit ?

Hi,

> > Which features do you miss from Kate?
> - lateral file selection panel
> - lateral buffer selection panel

They could be included as plugins.

> - split the buffer vertically and horizontally

Not possible with the current architecture.

> - show static word wrap marker
> - return to the next line automatically

Could you please try to describe them better?

> - theme color as vim theme color, to protect my eyes :)

I plan to add them in the future.
> - ...
>
> This feature can be integrate in gedit ?

As I said a lot of features can be added as plugins... the only
problem is the time and the lack of resources.
ATM, only Paolo Borelli and I are working on gedit.
I cannot speak for pbor, but I have not much time to add new features
are the moment.
So... volunteers are very welcome :)

Ciao,

Paolo Maggi <paolo maggi polito it>