Re: [gedit-list] Future of gedit ?

Hi,

> Hello,
>
> Before, I used KDE, and since some time, I migrate to Gnome Desktop.
> However, one application miss tome on Gnome : Kate.
>
> Well, gedit is the text editor of Gnome but it has less feature than
> kate.

Which features do you miss from Kate?

> I would like know if the gedit authors want than gedit stay a simple
> text editor or to make gedit a advanced text editor ?

Well, the gedit core is going to remain a simple text editor. But as you
probably know it can be easily extended using plugins.
I really would like to see a developer oriented set of plugins for
example. or powerfull plugins for editing (X)HTML, LaTeX, docbook, etc.
files.

Ciao,

Paolo Maggi <paolo maggi polito it>