Re: [gedit-list] Gedit 2.3.1

Hi,

> I just installed gedit from CVS. It's a great editor.

Thanks
> And now I'll start
> complaining :).

Arghh :-)

> Minor bugs:
>
> - If some changes are made to a file, and undo'd back so that the file
> is as it was when we started gedit still marks it as being changed and
> asks if you want to save it on exit and keeps an asterisk in the tab.

This is a known bug.

> - The line numbers are a bit too close to the file's text, some space
> there would improve readability.

Please, log this as a  bug report against gtksourceview in
bugzilla.gnome.org.

> Syntax highlighting trivia:
>
> - Is it possible to change the colors for the syntax highlighting? The
> pink that is used for strings doesn't look too good.

I will implement it in the next future.

> - Why don't KDE's kate language XML files work with gedit? The format
> looks close enough. Time for a freedesktop.org standard?

Since, the way gedit and kate perform syntax highlight is quite
different.

> Feature request:
>
> - Emacs is able to do automatic indenting for several programming
> languages, that's cool. Is it planned?

I'd like to implement smart indentation in gedit, but it will be not so
smart as in vim (and probably in emacs)

Ciao,