[gedit-list] Gedit 2.3.1

I just installed gedit from CVS. It's a great editor. And now I'll start
complaining :).

Minor bugs:

- If some changes are made to a file, and undo'd back so that the file
is as it was when we started gedit still marks it as being changed and
asks if you want to save it on exit and keeps an asterisk in the tab.

- The line numbers are a bit too close to the file's text, some space
there would improve readability.

Syntax highlighting trivia:

- Is it possible to change the colors for the syntax highlighting? The
pink that is used for strings doesn't look too good.

- Why don't KDE's kate language XML files work with gedit? The format
looks close enough. Time for a freedesktop.org standard?

Feature request:

- Emacs is able to do automatic indenting for several programming
languages, that's cool. Is it planned?

Greetings,

Pedro Corte-Real.