[gedit-list] [Fwd: Open Text Summarizer in Gedit]

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Nadav Rotem <nadavrotem mail ru>
To: maggi athena polito it
Cc: jwillcox cs indiana edu
Subject: Open Text Summarizer  in Gedit
Date: 10 May 2003 12:07:27 +0300

Hi,
My name is Nadav Rotem and I am the developer of OTS. The open text
summarizer is an open source tool for summarizing texts. The program
reads a text and decides which sentences are important and which are
not. The program can either print the summarized text in text format or
in HTML form where the important sentences are highlighted in red. OTS
can be binded by other programs to enable them to summarize texts. It
supports summarizing texts in UTF-8 in English , Hebrew , Russian and by
the end of the month I hope to get German , Italian and Spanish. Abiword
now has a plugin for summarizing texts.

The code is VERY SIMPLE as you can see in the main file (used as an
example of using libots); Just load the dictionary ots_load(...) , a few
ots_sort() , ots_parse(stream or char * ) , ots_greade() ,
ots_get_summarized_text(char *)

http://www.abisource.com/lxr/source/ots/src/ots.c

Abiword Plugin;
http://www.abisource.com/lxr/source/abiword-plugins/tools/ots/xp/AbiOts.cpp

I think it would be nice to add this as a plugin to Gedit.
-Nadav
--
Paolo Maggi                      E-mail: paolo DOT maggi AT polito DOT it
Dip. Automatica e Informatica    Tel.  : + 39 011 564 7078

A Bugless Program is an Abstract Theoretical Concept.