[gedit-list] Want to type in local languages

Hii all,
	I have 2 questions:

	1. I want to type in local language using gedit (with my native encoding
like TSCII, ISCII etc). What are all the enviroment variables I have to set?

	2. Does gedit support internal file storage in its native encoding?
	   When a open a file of any other encoding like TSCII, ISCII and save
the file using "save as" option, gedit stores the file in UTF-8 format. Will
gedit support storage of files in native encoding? If so what is the procedure
to be followed?

Vidhya

Perform your duty and abandon all attachment to success or failure
	- Bhagavat Gita