[gedit-list] Re: gedit2: implementation question

Hi Nate

> [ ] Backup files before crashing, like AbiWord (I hope this code will
> never be used)
>
> I started working on implementing this little feature.

Cool

> I was wondering
> what you had in mind for this.  Here is what I'm thinking I could do:
>
> 1) Install new signal handler for SIGSEGV (save old one and call it
> after our new one is done)
> 2) For backing up, call gedit_document_save_a_copy_as(), using a special
> uri for the crash-backup file.
> 3) When gedit starts, check for crashed files and prompt the user if
> they want to:
> 	a) Recover: Load the crash-saved buffer into memory using the original
> file name
> 	b) Ignore: Do nothing
> 	c) Discard: Delete the crash file

Ok, I like your idea.

Thanks again.

Ciao

Paolo Maggi                      E-mail: maggi athena polito it
Dip. Automatica e Informatica    Tel.  : + 39 011 564 7085
Politecnico di Torino            Fax   : + 39 011 564 7099

A Bugless Program is an Abstract Theoretical Concept.