[gedit-list] Cursor disappears

Hi everybody,

 I'm having a little problem that maybe someone can help me
with. Whenever (or at least usually) I save a document in gedit,
the cursor stops moving.  Actually, the cursor stills moves when I
move the arrow keys, but the visible cursor stays at the spot it was
when
I saved the document (the way I know that the cursor still moves is
that when it gets to the top or bottom of the page, the page starts to
scroll).  Does anybody have any idea what to do about this?  I'm running

Red Hat 6.2 and I think the gedit version was 0.7.0 (but I'm not sure,
maybe it was 0.6.1,
it was the version that came with Red Hat 6.2).  Since it had this
problem I copied over the binary 0.5.1 from my Red Hat 6.0 computer and
it
has the same problem.

Thanks for any help, Daniel Stolk