[gedit-list] newbie compilation problem

Since I can't see your archive, due to the transition to
sourcforge, I'll just post this question.

I have gtk1.2.6 on my machine - stock mandrake 7.0-2 libs,
although I've just upgraded gnome-print.  To the best of
my knowledge ./configure is producing no errors.

I can't seem to get gedit6.1 to compile on my machine.
I piped the output from make -d to a file, and voila...
It seems to die when it gets to the following bit:

Considering target file `da.gmo'.
File `da.gmo' does not exist.
Looking for an implicit rule for `da.gmo'.
Trying pattern rule with stem `da'.
Trying implicit dependency `da.po'.
Found an implicit rule for `da.gmo'.

This is followed by a bunch of spew about da.po,
and finally it gets to:

Must remake target `da.gmo'.

Which it follows with a whack of stuff about unreaped
children, after which it drops out to the command line.
There is no file da.gmo in the directory at this time.

I am a newbie when it comes to most of this compilation
stuff.  My apologies if I've sent the wrong info.  Please
advise as to what specific bits of the compiler's spew
you'd like.

Thanks in advance.

--
cheers,
Mike Pfleger

There's seventy brilliant people on Earth.
Where are they hiding?
-Cabaret Voltaire "Yashar"