Re: [gedit-list] Problems with gedit install

Hi paul :

if you are getting :
> make: *** No targets.  Stop

most likely there is a problem when running ./configure
can you run configure and post this problem so that we can
help you further.

If your system is RPM based, downloading an RPM and installing it
will be easier.

> 2)  What do I do about all these files that the failed install process
> created?  Can I just delete them all or must I use an uninstall command
> or what?

Again, RPM allows for uninstalling. If you have a .tar.gz you can
delete the directory after instalation.

> 3)  Does the installation (or part-installation) of gedit alter any
> configuration scripts elsewhere in Linux?  (I.e. that I'd have to change
> after an uninstall or deletion of gedit files.)

no