Re: [Geary] Request: Simple Quoting

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 8:31 AM, Michael Gratton <mike vee net> wrote:
Since this is the standard convention, we won't be changing it, sorry.

The context you mentioned is also provided by the context of the thread, the address fields, etc.

Consider the possibility that not everything standard MUST be adhered to. i don't believe you that there's nothing in geary which deviates from Unix standards. i don't believe you that geary does everything other unix clients do, and does nothing they don't do. We live in a modern world. Was rich-text email a unix standard in 1980?

Consider  user-experience for the reader. Consider offering user freedom for the sender. It could be optional

cheers!