Re: [Geary] Geary using up bandwidth and I don't know why

Hi Badri,

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 08:36, Hippo via geary-list <geary-list gnome org> wrote:
Has anyone else run into this problem before? Any idea what could be going wrong?

That's pretty annoying! I haven't seen Geary keep on downloading things when it shouldn't be, however. As a first step, have a look at the download settings for the account (App menu > Accounts > select the account > Download mail). What is it set to?

Also, were these high-res photos attached as part of the the email, or were they links? If the former, then the total email size will be a bit larger (maybe around 60MB) because of way binary files like photos are encoded, but that still shouldn't blow through too much data. If the latter, maybe they are being re-downloaded every time you view the message?

A couple of other things to try include see how much storage space Geary is using, by running the following in a terminal:

du -hs ~/.local/share/geary ~/.var/app/org.gnome.Geary/data/geary

And running Geary from a terminal with `-d` as a command line argument, and see what it is doing.

Let us know how that does.

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.