Re: [Geary] Wikipedia entry update needed

I can have a look at it later today.

On 02.04.19 06:49, Michael Gratton wrote:
Hi all,

Is anyone interested in updating Geary's Wikipedia entry[0]? It's pretty woefully out of date, has a screenshot from years ago, still has the old logo, and still reads mostly like an entry for Elementary's Mail app, from back in the days before they re-wrote their fork from scratch.

It would be good to make the entry talk more about Geary's benefits as well as it's features, make it much less technical (nobody reading a Wikipedia article about an email app cares about the programming language it is written in or which libraries it uses), talk a bit more about the app's history and principals (e.g. starting as a Yorba GTK+ app, being moved over to GNOME's infrastructure, now aiming to be a first-class GNOME 3 app), and so on. You know, make the entry useful for normal people rather than a Linux nerds like me.

I'd suggest using Geary's home page[1] as a starting point, but it doesn't have to be identical, in fact it can go in to a lot more detail, since the wiki page is not supposed to be an advertisement for the app. I'd do this myself, but I understand it's not the done thing to edit articles that one is quite subjective about. :)

So, anyone like to volunteer?

Cheers!
//Mike

[0] - <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geary_(e-mail_client)>