Re: [Geary] Geary release plans

Please, consider gpg support. I can't live without it. I have to use other mail clients, just because of lack  gpg support.

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 6:49 AM, Michael Gratton <mike vee net> wrote:
Hi all,

Now we have 0.12 out the door with the port to WebKit2GTK, we can start to think about release plans going forward.

At the moment, I'm thinking of releasing 0.12.1 in about a month or so, and get as many regressions and new issues introduced by the WebKit2 port fixed as possible. The list of bugs targeted for is on bugzilla: [0].

For the next major release (0.13) I'd like to get to some other long standing issues addressed, so the focus of that will be:

- UX refresh (accounts dialog, account sidebar and conversation list)
- Server compat (GMail OAuth support, other server-specific issues)
- Desktop integration (Contacts from Folks, GOA, etc)

Ideally, 0.13 would be out in about 6 months, unlike the year and a half it took to for 0.12. The current list of bugs targeted for that is also in bugzilla: [1]. There's a lot of work to be done there though, so this is a good time to jump in and start contributing if you are so inclined.

All of this and LTS plans are documented on the wiki: <https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Geary/ReleasePlanning>, please have a read and let us know what you think.

Cheers,
//Mike

[0] 0.12.1 bugs: <https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&list_id=252739&product=geary&target_milestone=0.12.1>