Re: [Geary] Can't add T-Online Account

Hi Alex,

did you set up a distinct password for IMAP and SMTP? This is needed with T-Online. See here for more information:

https://www.telekom.de/hilfe/festnetz-internet-tv/e-mail/e-mail-adresse-passwoerter-und-sicherheit/e-mail-passwort-einrichten

Best,
Martin

Am Do, 1. Jun, 2017 um 8:39 schrieb heebijeebi <heebijeebi gmx net>:
Hello Geary-Team,

today I wanted to add my T-Online Mail Account to Geary, but it won't work. I manually filled in all the fields and got the right values for IMAP/SMTP from the Mail Provider:

secureimap.t-online.de  993     SSL
securesmtp.t-online.de  465     SSL

But I always get an "SMTP Authentification Error".

Adding and using my Gmail and GMX Accounts worked flawlessly but T-Online won't. Any ideas on how to fix this or what might be the problem here?

Thanks in advance!

Alex