[Geary] WebKit 2 port status?

Mike, I know that you're leading the effort to port Geary to WebKit 2.  I'm especially eager to see that happen after reading this informative but sobering article, which implies that WebKit 1 has various vulnerabilities that may never be fixed:

https://blogs.gnome.org/mcatanzaro/2016/02/01/on-webkit-security-updates/

It's been a few months since we've had much discussion of the WebKit 2 port effort here.  Can you give us a brief status update?  Does this exist in nascent form on a branch somewhere?  Roughly when do you see this landing?  Is there an opportunity for others to help out with the effort if so inclined?

adam