Re: [Geary] changing the hour exibition

I use default ubuntu one, Nautilus I guess... Should be Unity

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 4:08 PM, Claro Ribeiro Pires <claropires gmail com> wrote:
My system time is set to 24 hrs.
I am using ubuntu 14.04 and installed Geary from ppa, so I have version 0.8.3

Are you using Unity or another desktop environment?

I just tested on my system (Gnome Shell on 14.04), and switching the time display in the gnome control center is not respected anywhere in Geary.  I suspect the problem is in Configuration.clock_format property.  If the "com.canonical.indicator.datetime" schema exists, we use its "time-format" value to determine the format.  If not, we use the "org.gnome.desktop.interface" schema's "clock-format" value.  The gnome control center adjusts this value when I change the display settings, but Geary is looking at the canonical key and doesn't notice.

Do we really not have a freedesktop standard for this?  I guess we'll have to guess at the user's desktop environment and use the right one....

This might explain why you're not seeing it respect your settings.  It doesn't explain the missing AM/PM value, though.

Robert

--
Claro R. Pires
claropires gmail com