Re: [Geary] import / sync contacts

Il 24 febbraio 2015 08:07:29 CET, Adam Dingle <adam medovina org> ha scritto:

it.  The point is that when you need to write to someone, Geary
autocompletes email addresses by harvesting them from your cached email

addresses... and 98% of the time that's simply good enough.

I agree only partially.
For example, when I start typing a mailing list address I write to often, which starts with debian, I get
lots of adresses (mostly debian bugs adresses) and I must type a lot and correctly to get the right address
on top of the list.
Sometimes the mailman address of a mailing list, used to manage a subscription, is on top and you can easily
choose it instead of the right one if you do not pay attention.

In a nutshell, if Geary was able to list the contacts using some sort of "scoring system" (most used
addresses on top of search list), as Gmail and Thunderbird do, I would not miss any contact manager
integrated in Geary.

I think I wrote about this before. I can't check now if there's already a feature request in bugzilla.