Re: [Geary] display search results

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Paulo van Breugel <p vanbreugel gmail com> wrote:
But clicking on the header of an email in the search result does not collapse it at all.

Yeah, this is a bit of a wart. We're using the same mechanism in the search results as we use in the "Find in conversation" mechanism. Since we don't want to hide matches in collapsed text, we uncollapsed everything. But we didn't want to mess with the collapsed state of the messages in the non-find state, so we don't let you toggle anything. In the search folder, this is less useful.

You might be interested in bug #713051, which suggests we only expand matching messages. We should also reconsider whether quotations should be expanded by default.

Thanks,
Robert