[Geary] Forgiving the user

Hello,

It happened to me a few times to have clicked the "Archive" or "Trash" buttons from the toolbar instead of selecting the message on the top (see the screenshot).

Whenever this happens, I feel it's difficult to remedy to the mistake. Specifically:

* I don't know what has happened: did I click "Archive" or "Trash"? And which was the message I had selected when I did it?

* If I clicked "Archive", where has my message gone? Geary does not have an "Archived messages" folder. What I generally do is open my browser, open Gmail and search for "-in:inbox -in:sent -in:chats -in:drafts", however this is cumbersome and forces me to use software that I do not want to use to organize my mail.

* If I clicked "Trash", then I'm forced to look in my trash, which is full of drafts. Given that both Geary and Gmail group messages in conversations, distinguishing between drafts and the message I deleted is not that easy (and anyhow it's easier from Gmail).

* When I finally find the message, it's not obvious how to restore it. Geary lacks an "Unarchive"/"Undelete" button. What I can do is to move the message to my inbox but, again, Geary groups messages in conversations so the risk is to move a message I sent to the inbox instead of the sentbox.

As I see it, this situation is brought by the following problems:

1. Searching for archived messages is impossible.

2. Geary pollutes the trash with useless drafts.

3. Geary does not have an "Undo" button.

4. Geary does not inform the user about what is happening.

What I appreciate of Gmail is that whenever I do a nasty action I am presented with an helpful message like "The conversation has been moved to the Trash. [Learn more] [Undo]". Having the same in Geary would solve problems #3 and #4.

What do you think?