[gdome] Possible solution to default namespace problem
- From: Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <Gustavo Barbieri indt org br>
- To: gdome gnome org
- Subject: [gdome] Possible solution to default namespace problem
- Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:59:31 -0300
I sent a mail before asking how to solve the problem with:
not working with XPath: /doc/a.
After some reseach I found out that it's a problem with XPath specification,
and that it's the correct behaviour
As said in the thread, one must register a prefix to the default namespace by
means of xmlXPathRegisterNs(), but I cannot do that in my own program because
Gdome isolates it.
As xmlXPathRegisterNs() operates on a xmlXPathContext and it's created and
destroyed on gdome_xpeval_evaluate() (or gdome_xpath_xpeval_evaluate()), I
cannot operate on such thing.
I have some proposals to fix the problem, and require some feedback on Gdome
core developers on what's the preferred:
* add an extra field to GdomeXPathNSResolver with the xmlXPathContext, reuse
this context later. Then add a GdomeXPathNSResolver function to bind prefixes
to URIs. This is more general approach.
* add another function gdome_xpeval_evaluateDefaultNS( ...,
default_ns_prefix, default_ns_uri, ... ) or even avoid default_ns_uri,
looking for NS with NULL prefix. This is more hack, but will work.
* add another function gdome_xpeval_evaluateWithNSList( ..., nsList, ... )
that gets a list of pairs of prefix and uri to use.
I would go with the first solution, but if you have any better idea, tell me
ASAP. I should have a patch to the first solution tomorrow.
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia - INdT
Jabber: barbieri gmail com
MSN: barbieri gmail com
Mobile: +55 (81) 9927 0010
Phone: +1 (347) 624 6296; 08122692 sip stanaphone com
GPG: 0xB640E1A2 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
] [Thread Prev