Re: [gdome] Porting gdome2 to Windows

Hello John,

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 21:56, John J. Boyer wrote:
> I've been looking on the gdome2 website, but I don't see any indication of
> plans to port the library to Windows.

the issue of porting gdome2 to windows has raised a few times on this
mailing list. According to some emails, like

	http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gdome/2004-May/msg00004.html

someone has also succeeded, but I personally have never tried the port
and don't know if the current tarball is ready be compiled or if it
still needs to be pacthed. In the latter case, as I've stated on
different occasions, I'd be more than happy to have the patches
integrated. For sure, I would not be able to provide the binaries myself
as I don't have winXXX, but I guess there would be no problem arranging
to have them linked from or hosted on our server.

>  By popular demand, I must port my
> xml2brl application, which uses gdome2. If the library isn't available on
> Windows I will have to fall back to libxml2.

stated like this, sounds like a threat :p winGdome2 users, speak up! :-)

--luca