Re: [gdome] Will This Work?

Hi John,

sorry for missing your point in my previous email ;-)

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 20:06, John J. Boyer wrote:
> Ok. I think I have figured it out. If I get libxlm2 to create a parse tree
> in memory, the following code should get me set with GDOME2.
>
> GdomeDocument * dom_doc = (GdomeDocument *) gdome_xml_n_mkref ((xmlNode
> *) parsed_document->mydoc);

assuming "parsed_document" is a pointer to a structure having a "mydoc"
field which is the xmlDoc* you got from libxml2, yes, that's right.

> I finally realized that xmlParseFile must be in libxml2.

right. From what you were saying in one of your first emails I don't
know whether xmlParseFile fits your needs, but summarizing the idea is
1) you get the XML document with some libxml2 function, 2) you get the
gdome2 wrapper with the trick above, 3) you play with the document using
gdome2.

>  Many thanks to
> Luca for patience and to the others on this list.

You're welcome.

Cheers,
--luca