Re: [gdome] Creating a Document in Fragments

Hello John,

On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 00:28, John J. Boyer wrote:
> From my reading of the source
> code for GDOME2, it looks like that if I want to use
> CreateDocumentFromMemory I will have to read in the entire document.  Is
> this the case, or is it possible to read in a large document in chunks of
> say 8192 bytes?

Unfortunately your understanding of the code is correct, you have to
load the whole buffer and only then try to load it with gdome2. A
step-by-step approach is possible if you use libxml2 API directly, or if
you try to make the guess yourself by looking at how the document begins
(if I remember right a description of how an XML processor recognizes
the very first part of the document is given in the XML spec.).

The load/save API implemented in gdome2 is not based on any standard
interface. There have been long term plans to provide gdome2 with a more
flexible interface but time-constraints and the likely difficulties of
implementig such interface in C have delayed the project.

Cheers,
--luca