Re: [gdome]XML or xml namespace in the middle of API, objects and macros

Hi.

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Kang Jeong-Hee wrote:
> I feel uneasy with the gdome_xml_... or GDOME_XML_... namespace.
[...]
> but why one more prefix of xml_ or XML_?
> GDOME_XML_IS_STYLSH() is not a good name than just GDOME_IS_STYLSH().

you may argue that the choice of the extra xml_ fragment may be not so
meaningful, but you definitely need an extra prefix after gdome_. The
gdome_ methods without extra xml_ are the _PUBLIC_ methods seen by the
appicaltion, while the gdome_ methods with xml_ are the _PRIVATE_
implementations. They are 2 distinct functions, so you need an extra
prefix to avoid a name clash.

> or may I remove them all?

unfortunately no, please take some more time studying the layered
architecture of Gdome2 and you'll see you need an extra prefix (which, for
consistency, has been used for almost everything that is private to
gdome2 and hence hidden to the user, see MACROS).

Luca

P.S> both vi and emacs allow name completion in the editing buffer, so
those extra 4 chars really have little impact on your typing speed ;-)