Re: [gdome]reforming libgdome object-oriented-fashion with gobject

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:20:22 +0900
Kang Jeong-Hee <Keizi mail co kr> wrote:
> as a gtk application developer, I really miss gobject style of object
> and class system. do you mind if libgdome reformed with gobject's
> GType and etc.?

I would mind. Libgdome's object system is simpler and easier to
understand than glib's. It predates glib's object system and is
sufficient for libgdome's task.

Currently libgdome imports from glib all the type names starting with
'g' and a bunch of string handling functions.  I'd rather go the other
direction and eliminate the glib dependency from libgdome.

The 'g' types are pretty useless since we have <stdint.h> nowadays.  And
glib became a bit fat for being used just as a string convenience
library.

I keep dreaming that once, when I have time again, I will sit down one
weekend and get libgdome to compile without glib.  So that it and
software based on it will even work on windows systems.