Re: [gdome]export GdomeDocument to global 'document' object in JavaScript implementation?

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 22:27, Kang JeongHee wrote:
> but to NJS for JS is nothing yet, without DOM support.
> so I have to export DOM-ability to NJS, as 'document' global object.
> e.g. elem = document.getElementById("specific_elem");

I'm probably beginning to understand now (as one gets older it takes
more time... ;-) ). If I'm right you want to use the NJS implementation
of the JavaScript language, which does NOT provide a DOM implementation
itself, and you were thinking of using libgdome for that. In other
words, you need NJS to understand gdome2 objects and methods.

In this case, you have to understand first how an "object" in the
broadest sense is represented inside NJS, and what is the extension
mechanism of NJS to bind usual C objects. At that point, you'll probably
have to create wrappers for gdome2 objects and write an interface
between NJS and gdome2. I understand I'm being extremely vague here, but
I know nothing about NJS. However, this is basically what each gdome2
binding currently does, so I believe it would be extremely propaedeutic
for you to study any (or all) of the bindings I listed in one of my
previous emails. Not sure which binding would be the most useful, it
depends on how NJS is implemented and on its internal architecture.

For anything which is relevant to the gdome2 side (say its architecture,
or memory management of gdome2 objects) this is definitely the right
mailing list.

-- luca