Re: [gdome]How to make XPathNamespace derive from Node

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, T.J. Mather wrote:

> I'm writing the xpath.xml file for apigen and I would like to derive the
> Node's interface from core.xml for XPathNamespace.  What is the best
> way of doing this?

well, provided that the format of the XML specification file is not
perfect, the final decision depends also on your runtime implementation.
Needless to say, in C there's no concept of "interface" and
"implementation of interface". In fact, for the EventTarget interface we
had the same problem, and we decided to put it together with node. How r u
going to implement XPathNamespace? Are you adding methods much like for
the EventTarget interface? In this case, I would put your methods together
in the core interface, with the implicit assumption that as things become
more complicated (DOM level 3 has even more interfaces), we will need to
reorganize everything eventually.

Regards,

	luca