Re: [gdome]user_data and language bindings

> Now I cannot remember for sure if I just planned to use the user_data
> field or if I already did it in the last release. I think the Perl wrapper
> does something similar, as I remember vaguely to have read a mail from TJ
> on that subject.

 The Ocaml binding does not use user_data, because it is layered into two
 levels. The first one is just a one-to-one binding to the C interface.
 The second level (re-)builds a hierarchy of OO classes using the functions
 of the first level as pre-methods. Any additional data the binding needs
 can be added directly to the second level, without using the user_data
 field of the first one.

 Of course, this approach is probably not feasible for other languages.

 					Regards,
					C.S.C.

Real name: Claudio Sacerdoti Coen
PhD Student in Computer Science at University of Bologna
E-mail: sacerdot cs unibo it
http://caristudenti.cs.unibo.it/~sacerdot