Re: [gdome]ParseOptions for GDOME2?

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Paolo Casarini wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Uwe Fechner wrote:
>
> > I think, the properties validate and preserveWhiteSpace are
> > realy useful.
>
> preserveWhiteSpace:
> This could be implemented because libxml2 support it.

Can you give an example that demonstrates the usefulness?

Whitespace is currently discarded where possible when validating against a
DTD. I would not consider it useful to preserve it, the resulting document
structure would violate the dtd. And I don't know how you would
decide what whitespace to discard when you are not validating.

Thanks for the pointer to the conformance tests.

Bye, Tobias