Re: [gdome]News on CVS preparing 0.7.0

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Paolo Casarini wrote:

>   Hi gdome2 fans,
>
>      finally we can try the new memory management system that should
> resolve some memory problems. The new memory management system will be
> stable with the 0.7.0 release. Now we can try it, simply replacing

Great.

>   - Added a new module (gdome-treegc) that implements the basic functions

Maybe it's just the backlog of the anonymous cvs access, but I am missing
at least the gdome-events.h file.

What is your position regarding the "setAttribute segv" thread on this
list around september 12? Is it just due to the ancient compiler that user
"mail me"/"celica" was using?

As I wrote at that time, I did not understand why I am able to compile
gdome2 in the first place with no "extern" keyword on the const struct
vtab declarations, and I have not looked into this any further since then.

A clever compiler could assume than an uninitialized const struct is
extern. Obviously, this user's compiler was not that clever. And since my
gcc 2.95.4 complained once, I doubt that this is correct C. I just want to
remind you of that with regard of the upcoming next release.

thanks for the memory management work,

Tobias