Re: [gdome]RFC: Using XSLT and SAX with XML::GDOME

Hi.

I don't know much about the Perl wrapper for libxml, however, heer are my
comments: I think that as gdome becomes more popular, users should in
general forget about libxml at all. The API of libxml has main
disadvantages:
- lack of any memory management system
- it is not compliant to any API specification

This doesn't mean the libxml tree is useless when used alone: it is useful
to validate the XML document, it is used to perform xslt
transformation. But, from my point of view, that's it. Users should not be
concerned about libxml tree at all.

Now, to provide libxstl in the gdome way, I think we should write a small
wrapper for libxslt so that any communication is eventually done via gdome
structures. On top of this, you can provide the corresponding perl
wrapper.

On the other hand, it is not clear to me what you mean with "SAX for
gdome", since in SAX there's no concept of tree node. The SAX API gives
you a stream of events, there's no tree at all. As in libxml, SAX API can
be used to built up the DOM tree.

Hope these are useful comments,

	luca