Re: [gdome]saving xml tree: no new line after xml elements printing

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 03:47:43PM +0200, Laurent Lemaitre wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> I looked at the libxml document. But it seems that the usage
> of xmlIndentTreeOutput is not documented.

  of course it's a wrong thing to do ! Just think about

  save(load(document))

you would expect to get the same thing, right ?
Well what you're suggesting to do just breaks this basic assertion.
It's an error, forget about it.

> In my application I set xmlIndentTreeOutput=1 and run my program
> again. The setting had no effect on the indentation
> (the saved xml tree File was not indented.)

  If you need indentation add it ! Those are text nodes with
various characters in them. Only your application knows where adding
extra spaces will be significant or not !

> then the output is dumped with nice identation.

  You seem to consider nice to have an unpredictable behaviour,
I don't.

> What should I do to force indentation through the DOM interface?

  Add the blanks nodes or use a non standard saving extension !

Daniel