[gdm-list] Login VS Lock Screen Background

Hello there, I'm sure this has been discussed many times already and I'm one of those that provided an sh based procedure to change GDM login background in GNOME on ArchLinux.

I'd like to say that every person I've talked to about GNOME with experience on Windows 10 too said that the thing they love the most about Windows 10, if not the only one compared with GNOME, is the amazing background pictures with details on top every time they login or they come back from a locked screen.

It cheers them, and also it teaches them about animals or places.

While the quality of those pictures is stunning indeed, and the playful interface with details on top is also very nice, the GDM way to setup a login background looks like the least User Friendly thing one can imagine, which is quite the opposite of the overall excellent experience average users have on GNOME.

My questions in a nutshell:

  * is there any plan to officially simplify gdm login screen background image setup?
  * is anyone working on an Open Source / Common Creative way to provide random login/lock screen background images each day or week?

Thanks in advance for any sort of extra detail you can share.

Best Regards