[gdm-list] Greeter doesn't show up

Hi all, I would like to understand why does the greeter page doesnt show up.

I'built gdm 3.16.4 on my slackware system, as Im the maintainer of dropline gnome, a gnome desktop for Slackware.

My problem is that gdm builds up well and starts also well, at least I think so.
The thing is that if I start it from the console its nearly same as I would do startx.

The gnome-shell shows up logged in with the gdm user. It doesnt at all ask me for any password nor I have the chance to input or select the user.

Probably is just a configuration issue, but I have no idea on where to start.

Can somebody guide me on how to start solving this issue ?

Rgds
Sasa