Re: [gdm-list] [systemd-devel] RFC: user session lifetimes vs. $DISPLAY

On Tue, 05.03.13 21:19, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek (zbyszek in waw pl) wrote:

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 09:11:28PM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
From the GNOME perspective I am pretty sure
multiple-sessions-per-local-user is out of scope.
That would be really sad. The multi-session stuff is really cool, and
the whole stack should support logging in more than once.

Well, but the simple fact is that much of GNOME is not written that way,
heck you cannot even run firefox that way. It's a very nichey usecase,
and broken in almost any program we have, except the most trivial... So,
disabling this officialy in GNOME is just an act of honesty, and doesn't
technically change too much...

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.