Re: [gdm-list] Gdm login screen freezes when i switch user and try to log in into different or same account

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 11:04 AM, magina antimage <magina the antimage 001 gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

I have ported fedora 15 for my target board (x86 based arch.)

        I am having some trouble with gdm-login-screen,
     1.   When i start my system i am able to login into any account ,but when i give switch user and then try to log in into same account or different account login screen freezes and i have to restart my sytsem
     2.   When i give lock-screen in any account ,and then try to login it gives "authentication failure error " and i cant login again :(
     3. when i go to applications->extra->firewall....
         i used to get error "org.fedoraproject.slip.dbus.service.polkit.notauthorizedexception.org.fedoraproject.config.firewall.auth"         redo     quit
        permisiion on /usr/libexec/polkit-1/polkit-agent-helper-1 were screwed .....so i did chmod 4755 /usr/libexec/polkit-1/polkit-agent-helper-1
        but now its not asking any password(i.e not authenticating)

please help me in resolving these issues.

i have attached /var/log/gdm/:1-slave.log
and /home/lokesh/.xsession-errors:

regards,
Lokesh

Geesh problem 3. is solved ,the reason it wasnt asking any password was i havent set any root password  <^_^"

now about switching user,when i try to switch user from gnome-classic i can relogin but not in gnome-fallback mode,
anyone knows why switch user is working in gnome-classic and not in gnome-fallback