[gdm-list] How does GDM3 set permissions?

I'm the founder and lead developer of a lightweight distro called Swift Linux.

I'm in the process of converting Swift Linux from a derivative of antiX Linux to a derivative of Linux Mint Debian Edition.

Through the troubleshooting process, I have found that replacing the GDM3 login manager with the SLiM login manager disables the audio.  Replacing SLiM with GDM3 reinstates the audio.

>From Googling around, I learned that the audio can be enabled under SLiM with the command "sudo adduser (username) audio" in order to get the audio to work.  Thus, the problem is related to permissions.

But I need a solution not just for myself but for all users of Swift Linux.  I need to have the audio working out-of-the-box with SLiM.

How exactly does GDM3 allow the audio capability to work out-of-the-box?  Where can I find the mechanisms that provide the permissions needed for this so I can replicate them in Swift Linux?

--
Jason Hsu <jhsu802701 jasonhsu com>