Re: [gdm-list] GDM problem with Schillix 7.2

Sounds like an xauth issue.  You probably need to make sure that the
user who wants to run gdmsetup has access to the xauth key.  Normally
the xauth key is a file which is specified in the XAUTHORITY environment
variable, so you may need to set that up.

Brian

With the Open version of Solaris 5.11, to enable the display, we ran the
"gdmsetup" program from the solaris m/c, a window pops up, by clicking
on the XDMCP tab where we get an option to enable the display. After
that we could access the Solaris desktop remotely by using XMINS. But in
the Schillix 0.7.2 version, the "gdmsetup" didn't work. I got the
following error message. Can anyone help me how to enable display with
Schillix 0.7.2 version? Is there a gdm config file which needs to be
edited manually to enable display?

(gdmsetup:821): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display

Best Regards,

Hussain