[gdm-list] big wish - need opinion from gdm team

Hi. You all know things about xdm and I wanted to hear your criticism of my project. don't tell me anything good :) it's all ok.

It doesn't suggest itself as a replacement of gdm - it suggests use as a site alternate (orig. intended to be a drop-in for xdm's "sample configuration" - so people have a total working sample (up and visible sample that does NOT need hacking for simple use).

I understand gdm is small and capable of working on cell phones right? Obviously xdm-options is meant for a PC user (which is maybe becoming a thing of the past).

http://www.sourceforge.net/xdm-options

XDM-OPTIONS Display Manager Suite

X Display Manager. Xhost Phonebook, X Login, X Desktop Chooser, and XDM X server (vnc server). Easy install, Clean uninstall (X up when done). Highly compatible, no libs. Like gdm but different in goals and features. Great as primary or as a backup.

P.S.

I know the "text typing login" and security are far short. I do not try to offer a different login since I have no users asking me why they can't have a secret finger motion to get on their desktop.

btw it's not meant for new linux users (those not in the know) since I have not yet one tester other than my testing. no point in making it any more all-unix than it already is if everyone has abandoned linux downloads of any kind of software for iPhones / internet ;) and they block my port 80 et alia: so that's no good either!