[gdm-list] Running a gtk application at GDM login screen

Hi,

I'm trying to run a gtk based application which does some monitor resolution configuration based on the no of outputs( monitors ) connected to my machine. The application runs when the network brings up and during this time user may be at login screen or in a session. When user is in a session it works fine, however if we are at gdm login screen, this fails to open the display. I'm using the APIs like gtk_init(), gdk_screen_get_default() etc.. in my application. Even i set the DISPLAY using setenv, it doesn't work ( setenv( DISPLAY, ":0", 1). The gdm version i'm using is gdm-2.24.0.

Could anyone help me to figure out why it fails to open display at gdm login screen

Thanks,
-Renju