Re: [gdm-list] gdm does not start and "X: client 2 rejected from local host" log message

Simone:

What version of GDM are you using?  You can tell by running one of
the following two commands:

$ gdmflexiserver --command=VERSION
$ gdmflexiserver --version

Try editing /etc/gdm/custom.conf and add a line that says "Enable=true"
after the line that says "[debug]" so it looks like this:

[debug]
Enable=true

Then reboot or restart GDM, and let the failure occur.  This will
generate more verbose debug messages in your syslog (either
/var/log/messages or /var/adm/messages depending on your system).
Do these debug messages highlight what might be going on?

I believe that LTSP uses XDMCP, so you may need to fine tune some
of the XDMCP configuration options to make things work.  Check
the "Configuration" section of the version of the GDM manual that
corresponds to the version of GDM you are using:

  http://library.gnome.org/admin/gdm/

Brian