Re: [gdm-list] GDM Choooser button

molchan:

I have spent a lot of time in attempt to add Chooser button in GDM login
screen. But without success.
I have GDM 2.28.2 now.

Please tell me, is it possibly to add this feature in GDM login screen?
How it can be done?
This functionality is critical for me.

The ability to launch the GDM "chooser" from the login screen has been
dropped since GDM 2.21.  GDM since version 2.21 still supports running
the GDM daemon as an XDMCP server and I believe it is possible to
configure GDM to display *either* a greeter or a chooser on a given
display, but not to switch between the greeter and chooser.

The ability to switch between the greeter and chooser was a nice
feature, and if someone wanted to help to enhance the new GDM to
support this feature again, I would expect a well written patch to be
accepted upstream.

If you really need this feature and you do not have the resources to
add the feature to the new GDM, then you might need to use GDM 2.20 (or
earlier), or a different display manager that supports this feature.

Brian