[gdm-list] Is it possible to have gdm manage something other than X?

I'm toying with an idea that may or may not be realistic.  I currently run
a multi-head, multi-seat setup, with a base X session spanning all heads
and Xephyr on each head providing the user X session.

I am running mythtv - http://www.mythtv.org - which needs direct access to
the hardware.  This means it cannot run under Xephyr.

I use Xephyr to provide independent X sessions on multi-head
configurations, and I use gdm to start Xephyr on top of an existing X
session.  Xephyr doesn't allow direct access to hardware, so I can't run
myth in the Xephyr sessions.

I'd like to have gdm start myth instead of Xephyr.

Is it possible to have gdm start and manage an application other than X or
one of its servers?

--Yan

--
If you have eight hours to chop down a tree
spend six sharpening your axe.