Re: [gdm-list] strange XAUTHORITY setting

Le vendredi 17 décembre 2010 à 08:33 -0500, Ray Strode a écrit :
> Using ~/.Xauthority caused a lot of problems so at some point in the
> distant past we switched to putting auth cookies elsewhere.

While I fully agree that having a specific cookie for each session in a
specific file is a cleaner design, I often have trouble justifying it to
old-schoolers who prefer .Xauthority “because it has always worked like
that”. Do you have any real-world examples of such problems?

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :