Re: [gdm-list] Advice on starting apps post "post-session"

On Sun, August 8, 2010 4:26 am, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have fixed my gconf settings to enable the various AT apps like orca,
> gok, dasher etc at startup. However I have run into a problem with getting
> them to start the first time the settings are determined.
>
> I am running my wizard in the post-session stage of gdm after login and
> before the desktop  is loaded.
>
> The settings are configured and written to the various files but the first
> time the desktop is loaded nothing is starting up. It takes a restart to
> get things to run.

In addition I have also just spotted that the gconf settings are only
written to file if the wizard is run from the desktop. The settings are
not being written to the .gconf folder if the wizard is run
"post-session". Settings saved in other folders ex.
".config/autostart/dasher.desktop" are being written successfully so I
have to conclude it is specific to the login process for gdm.

Obviously there must be a good reason for this behavior but is there a way
around it? It's a major blocker to allow me to complete functionality of
the wizard.

Warmest regards.

--
Patrick Shirkey