[gdm-list] login-shell, bash-completion

Hello everyone,

i am getting weird error messages from bash_completion when booting to
gnome lately and it seems, that this problem is related to /usr/sbin/gdm:

-----
#!/bin/sh
#
# A script so that
#    1) we read the standard system env vars
#    2) syadmins/integrators can add their own private options etc...

test -f /etc/profile && . /etc/profile
-----

>From what i understand it is not desirable to load /etc/profile (and
thus bash_completion scripts and so on) when using a non login-shell.
Is that correct and if so, is it necessary to source profile within this
script?

Also I am unsure if this is the right place to ask such a question.

kind regards,
  michael