[gdm-list] RelaxPermission option not working in gdm 2.20.7-0ubuntu1.1

Hi,

 since I recently installed an ubuntu 8.04.2 (gdm version
2.20.7-0ubuntu1.1), I'm having some problem with login of users with
group-writeble home.

What I need
===========
All my user's home *must* be group-writeble as follows ::

  drwxrwx---  27 user_test  ubuad  4096 2009-05-29 11:16 user_test

The Problem in detail
=====================
By default it seems that gdm's configuration( /etc/gdm/gdm.conf)
doesn't like group-writeble homes ::

    # 0 is the most restrictive, 1 allows group write permissions, 2 allows all
    # write permissions.
    RelaxPermissions=0
    # Check if directories are owned by logon user.  Set to false, if
you have, for
    # example, home directories owned by some other user.
    CheckDirOwner=true

So I changed the ``RelaxPermission`` value to ``1`` and checked the
$HOME/.dmrc permission::

  -rw-------   1 user_test  ubuad    28 2009-05-29 11:13 .dmrc

``600`` is the default permission schema assigned by the system. I
think it should be enough BTW I changed permission of $HOME/.dmrc to
644.

Then I restarted gdm and tried to login but gdm says ::

  “User’s $HOME/.dmrc” file is being ignored. This prevents the
default session and language from being saved. File should be owned by
user and have 644 permission. User $HOME directory must be owned by
user and not writable by other users

Obviously when I issue ``chmod 750 $HOME``, removing group-writable
permission, the login returns to work properly...

Questions
=========
1. could you please indicate me how should I debug the problem? I
enabled the debug in ``/etc/gdm/gdm.conf`` but in syslog
   I didn't find any helpful information...

2. Any idea about how can I solve the problem? Is it a bug?

Note
====

I read several post solving the problem with an easy ::

  chmod 700 $HOME
  chmod 622 $HOME/.dmrc

But it isn't what I need. My user's $HOME must be group-writeble

Thank you in advance for any help :) !

Simone